What is Triballink?
Triballink Activity Centre is an educational precinct set aside for experiential Outdoor Education focused on the cross-curriculum priorities of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Culture and Environmental Sustainability. Operating out of an undercover auditorium capable of seating up to 200 people, the Triballink Centres offers amazing experiences of indigenous culture and Aboriginal learning outcomes: –
- Walkabout a pristine rainforest property and sample bushfood while learning about traditional land management techniques;
- Enjoy dance, didge and song through the day or under the stars at night;
- Immerse yourself in a traditional family setting and learn the honed survival skills from the people who have thrived on the world’s harshest continent;
- Learn about Aboriginal perspectives on their interaction and cooperation with other cultures from history and today;
- Be challenged to see major historical events from an Aboriginal worldview.
- Get hands-on with Aboriginal Art and Craft options.
All activities can be offered in a grade-level appropriate way to meet aspects of the Australian National Curriculum.
UPDATE: Federal Government Backs Triballink – see the blog post here.