15 Oct Outdoor Education the Mapleton Way
We have a team of highly qualified, full-time, outdoor educators whose sole purpose is to provide programs of excellence that build into the lives and programs of our guests. Because of this QCCC Mapleton cannot always match the monetary price of the other options but we will always back our safety record and the quality of our product and experience.
Mapleton Centre’s programmed activities are perfect for school, corporate, youth and family groups whose goals are to have fun while challenging themselves by stepping out of their everyday environment.
- Abseiling (off our own 17 metre tower)
- Orienteering (we have 35 hectares to choose from)
- Canoeing (on our private canoe lake)
- Indoor Climbing Wall (26 metres of climbing face with up to 30 individual climbs of varying difficulty)
- Low Ropes Rainforest Course
- Two Flying Fox (the longest is 17 metres high and over 100 metres long)
- Leap of Faith
- Two Giant Swings (the highest is 17 metres high).
- Glider Possum
- Bush skills (in two designated busk skills hut in our private rainforest)
- Environmental studies (including a nature display hut including an extensive and spectacular butterfly collection)
- Team initiatives
At QCCC Mapleton you can learn firsthand the value of teamwork, cooperation, collaboration, support, and motivation, soaring to new heights with one of the most comprehensive outdoor activities programs in Queensland.
QCCC Mapleton is currently working on a concept and format for Outdoor Education that we believe will be industry-leading and will take our services to a whole new level of excellence. This is going to form the basis of our programs for many years and we plan to grow this concept to resource and partner with schools to use their camp experience as a high point of their school program – as a memorable event that instills values and develops student character far beyond the camp experience.
Our expectation is the concept we’re developing will affirm and maintain our status as the first choice for school camps. Stay tuned …