14 Dec Mapleton Accommodation on track
The new Accommodation at QCCC’s flagship Mapleton site is progressing well and is on track to be available for schools in early 2017. Dodging the occasional thunderstorm, the roof is now installed and the new accommodation block is nearing lock-up stage. Early in the new year it will be ready for Council and fire inspections and as soon as the accommodation has the green light guests will be able to move in.
The new building is a significant upgrade to QCCC Mapleton’s third accommodation wing, Acacia Lodge. Whilst it won’t increase the total number of beds offered, it will provide improved facilities for smaller schools and weekend groups. It also has an emphasis on new and renovated wheelchair access facilities.
Once fully complete Acacia Block will offer 62 beds comprised of:
- 3 ensuited rooms of 5-6 beds each;
- A state-of-the-art wheelchair access room capable of sleeping 4;
- 3 en-suited cabins that sleep up to 10 guests per cabin;
- 2 further ensuited rooms sleeping 3 people each;
- A recently renovated luxury teacher room;
- Acacia Dorm sleeping 6 people if required;
- A designated meeting room with modern projector and sound equipment; and
- A large wheelchair and newly renovated wheelchair access toilet and shower block.