24 Feb QCCC Tamborine hits 600!
I’m a graduate of Townsville’s Kirwan State High School, back in the day when it was one of the largest State Schools in Queensland. In the early grades there were nearly 500 of us in each year level and even in Grade 12 we numbered more than 300. With the exception of some theme specific camps (eg Biology and Leadership Camps) the sheer size of each of our cohorts meant we were denied the opportunity of a camping program.
Since becoming Director of Queensland Conference and Camping Centres (QCCC) one of my driving desires has been to make sure no Queensland school student is denied the opportunity of a camping program on the basis of the size of their cohort. I’m pleased to announce a campsite capable of catering to the largest of year groups in Queensland schools. Through greater collaboration with adjoining facilities our Mountain Campus at Mount Tamborine (Gold Coast Hinterland) can now cater for single group bookings of up to 600 people.
QCCC Tamborine now offers:
- 290 beds in recently renovated QCCC accommodation (ensuite and non-ensuite rooms);
- A further 160 beds on pleasant adjoining partner sites;
- Tent-camping for up to 200 students (tent hire available);
- Dining rooms capable of catering for up to 600 people;
- A large Meeting Hall capable of seating 600 people and hosting night programs and wet-weather activities. Various other smaller meeting spaces are also provided.
- 35 acres of gorgeous mountain-top reserve, with some of Queensland’s most stunning views, for recreation and Outdoor Education;
- The services of Outdoor Education provider Vertec Adventure;
- Proximity to the Treetop Challenge High Ropes facility and their competitively priced high ropes programs.
- Two Swiss Chalets for hire as teacher accommodation.
QCCC Tamborine now has the capacity to offer groups of all sizes a memorable and worthwhile camping experience. If you’d like to know more or would like to book a camp for your school please contact our bookings staff at QCCC Tamborine who will be more than happy to accommodate your request.
Andrew Grant, Director of QCCC