Find your purpose in ministry and a satisfying career!
In 2024 QCCC Mt Tamborine will be offering a Gap Year experience for school-leavers and young adults. Here’s some more info about the program.
Camplife is a one-year residential Christian camping ministry Gap Year experience at a busy camping venue in the Gold Coast Hinterland of Queensland. Our paid Camplife Interns will develop basic skills and gain experience in hospitality and service across all areas of camping ministry while living on-site at QCCC Tamborine Mountain and will work in partnership with CrossLife – A Baptist Church (three campuses across the northern Gold Coast, 30-45 mins from camp) and Vertec Adventures (Outdoor Education providers at QCCC Mount Tamborine).
Why are we offering Camplife? – Our mission is to create life-changing experiences through hospitality, service, partnership and outdoor education. We believe the camps hosted by QCCC offer a uniquely rich environment for growth and development and we want to share with young adults from our broader church community, who are transitioning into the workplace, higher education, or into ministry roles, the opportunity to take on a truly formational and transformational gap-year experience.
QCCC Camplife might be for you if;
You love camping, Creation and the great outdoors!
Or…You want to explore a career in Christian Camping.
Or…You are looking for an interesting and positive ‘gap-year’ experience before taking on a career, University, or other higher education.
Or…You are interested in Christian ministry and would like to take time to grow, learn, practice and be intentionally invested into by our CampLife team.
Or…You are interested in the hospitality industry and would like to get a broad overview, with the potential for an apprenticeship after 12 months of general development.
Or…You are interested in Christian mission and would like a taste of mission in a variety of settings.
Or…You want to grow in your personal adventure of following Jesus alongside other like-minded young adults.
Or…You would like to get a camping statement of attainment ‘micro-credential’ that would count toward further study in Christian Ministry and Theology at a Cert IV level.
And… If you are ready to take on the challenge of living in community, working hard, serving others and being discipled in a Christian ministry environment, all while living in the beautiful Gold Coast Hinterland, then Camplife might just be for you!
Our first intake of Camplife Gap Year Interns (limited to four offers) will be January 2024.
Your enquiries are welcome now via the enquiry form below.
The Camplife Gap Year internship will be made up of;
38hrs/week paid employment (informed by the Amusements, Events and Recreation Award) with QCCC Mount Tamborine.
Three-and-a-half days per week QCCC Camp duties, (Housekeeping, Kitchen Hand, other areas as able/required).
This will be ‘on average’ across the year in response to requirements of Camp duties and major training opportunities such as ministry/mission trips etc.
One half-day per week classroom-based training and development
One day per week Camping/Ministry/Mission Involvement with QCCC or Ministry Partners (CrossLife, Vertec etc)
Accommodation will be onsite at QCCC Tamborine Mountain with rent and utility fees deducted from wage.
Lifestyle Experiences include:
• Daily Project 11 Devotions
• Weekly off-site team meal
• Monthly hosting on-site team meal
• Accommodation cleaning/basic maintenance responsibilities
• Occasional ‘On-call’ duty (may include weekends)
Training Experiences include:
• 20 Days Classroom/Practical Camping Ministry Training Days
• 40 Days Classroom/Practical Ministry involvement with CrossLife, Vertec or other ministry partners)
• Practical Discipleship & Leadership Coaching
• Workplace Practices, Health and Safety
• Providing quality service in Hospitality and Guest Services
• First Aid Training
• Presentations and Public Speaking (including QCCC’s Real Life and EXLR8 Programs)
• Short Term Missions preparation
Peak Experiences include:
• ‘O Week’
• Reflective Pilgrim Walk
• 5-day trip to the Dhiiyaan Bethel Community, Dalby
• Camping-themed International Service Trip (conditions apply including financial contribution)
Education Outcomes include:
• Part of the *Certificate IV in Christian Ministry and Theology (Camping Ministry) Statement of Attainment issued by Malyon Vocational Training (MVT)
• (Optional) parts of *Certificate IV in Christian Ministry and Theology (Ministry with; Children OR Youth OR Small Groups) Statement of Attainment issued by MVT (Any study fee to be covered by student)
*Please note that these are not a full Certificate IV, but cover three of the nine units required to obtain a Certificate IV in Christian Ministry and Theology.
Course units are nationally accredited training through Malyon Vocational Training (RTO: # 30002).
As a QCCC Employee in:
Other QCCC (Possible Apprenticeships or Traineeships Paid and Accommodation through QCCC):
• Church-based ministry, with possible completion of Certificate IV in Christian Ministry and Theology (in collaboration with CrossLife or other partners)
• Outdoor Education training and work with Vertec Adventure
External (Possible vocational pathways in Australia and Overseas)
• Domestic and International Camping Ministry
• Church Ministry
• Cross-Cultural Missions
CAMPFIRE Internship is a two-year commitment specifically for those who wish to pursue a career in Outdoor Education. CAMPFIRE interns undertake a full Cert III in Outdoors Leadership and work with the QCCC Mapleton Outdoor Education team.